Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Webcomic Wednesday* - Devolution

*Wherein I talk up comics I've found and enjoy, and search around for new comics to take up my limited surfing time.


I was fortunate enough, during this month's RealmMakers Conference, to meet comic writer (and Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, but whatever) Matt Yocum. We discovered a kinship in both ideology (in many ways) and artistic vision (not to mention the fact that, while we both love to write, neither of us can actually draw). Matt has written stories for Marvel, and has published several comics independently. It's entirely possible I'll talk about more of Matt's comics in future posts.

In the meantime, I'd like to introduce you to one of his early webcomics. It's a zombie story that looks
deeper into the personal relationship between a husband and wife who have been dealing with personal tragedy since long before the dead started walking. It's a great, if heart-wrenching, little story, and readable in a single sitting (or two, depending on how much time you have).

So, here you go. Check out Devolution, by Matt Yokum, Jake Bilbao, Ignacio Calero, and Chris Studabaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment